So much is going on right now that leaves me unsettled. I have this sense that something large is going to happen soon... Something I don't want to happen... something that will cause this entire thing to blow up in my face. I don't exactly know what or when but i'm left feeling this impending doom. Things feel so fractured right now and i just desperately want things to be patched back together...
My Dearest Shadow
My Dearest Shadow, I know it's too late to send you this letter but I'm writing it anyways. I have to believe that you are up in Heaven listening to me and watching over me. I have loved you since the first volleyball game you played in your 8th grade year in 2009. I remember sitting on the bench in the Corbett gym eating some nachos and you told me how much you loved nacho cheese. You were supposed to be paying attention to the game but you were trying to convince me to give you some of my nachos. I finally broke down and snuck you a strawberry sour punch straw. Then later on during the bus ride home you sat in the seat behind me and told me you wanted to be just like me when you grow up. My heart just swelled up with a love I can't explain. As a teacher/coach we aren't supposed to have favorites, but you always were mine. No matter which group we put you in during athletics, you always snuck over to mine and worked out with my ...
Comments
Post a Comment