Hopes and Promises

Dearest Luke,

I'm not sure if it's possible to write down all my hopes and promises to you but i'm going to give it a try.  If only to get some of these things that are floating around in my head down on paper before the craziness begins! 

I think that having a child is one of the most hopeful acts anyone can do.  At least in my mind.  I have so many hopes for you and your future.

  • I hope that you are born healthy and happy - I pray for this every. single. night.
  • I hope that you will be a light unto this world and that you touch the lives of those people who surround you.
  • I hope that you have intelligence and wisdom
  • I hope that you are compassionate
  • I hope that you always treat people equally and fairly - regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities or anything else that makes someone different.... because at the end of the day we are all PEOPLE
  • I hope that you find something you are passionate about in life
  • I hope that you live life to its fullest and that you live your life with no regrets
  • I hope that you stand up to bullies and those who are doing wrong
  • I hope that you become a productive member of society
  • I hope that one day you love another human being (woman or man) as well as your daddy loves me - with love, respect, support and passion
  • I hope that you learn how to say you are sorry when you are wrong
  • I hope that you accept someone else's apology and don't bring up past wrongs once they are atoned for
  • I hope that you value education and learning
I also want to make some promises to you.

  • I promise that I will love you NO.MATTER.WHAT.  --- UNCONDITIONALLY simply because you are my son
  • I know that I will makes mistakes along the way so I promise that I will apologize when I have done wrong
  • I promise to teach you the value of money and how to earn things
  • I promise that I will set boundaries and tell you NO and that I do it with your best interest in mind and also because I LOVE YOU ENOUGH to say no and set boundaries
  • I promise to always respect you - even when we are not seeing eye to eye
  • I promise I will NEVER call you names
  • I promise that I will always be here for you when you need me
  • I promise that I will tell you I love you frequently and hug you frequently - even when it embarrasses you
I can't wait to see you and meet you! 

Love always and forever,
Your mama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet 17 Months

Letters

Advice I WOULD have given