21 months and growing!

I feel like Luke has gotten so big in the span of the past few weeks. 

weighs 28 lbs
Haven't measured him since last Dr. visit
has 12.5 teeth - all molars are in and now the tooth before the molars is coming in
wears size 5 diapers
wears size 3T clothing
wears size 7 shoes
Takes 1 nap - approximately an hour and a half during the day
Favorite movie:  Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue


Funny sayings:  "I hold you" when he wants you to hold him.  says "bless you and thank you and please often".  Says "Lubb you" and "brock-e" for broccoli.  He speaks all the time and repeats all of the things you say. 

Has officially started potty training and has gone pee pee on the potty multiple times a day and today went poo poo on the potty for the first time!  He even told me today that he had to pee before I asked him.  I can't believe that we are going to be potty training before the age of 2! 


Luke did his first sports class.  It was a soccer skills class.  It started out rough.  He didn't really understand the concept of listening to the coach and participating and rotating through the stations.  He just wanted to do his own thing and was NOT happy when I was usher him to another station.  But then he figured it out by the last 2 practices and I saw huge growth.  He still had a touch of attitude here and there but there was definite improvement. 

 
There are some days when he has a lot of attitude if he is hungry or tired.  It can be difficult to deal with.  The worst part of his attitude comes when we have to brush his teeth.  Although he has gotten better, he is still not easy to deal with when it comes to that. 

 
Through consistent use of time outs, his "fits" are getting shorter and shorter.  I am hoping that at some point they stop, but we may have some time to go before that happens.  He can be quite dramatic for the slightest of infractions.   

 
He decided to try to crawl out of his crib the other night and fell and hit his head.   I was kinda scared that he had a concussion, but thankfully he was ok.  Just a bruise. 


 
 

He sleeps all night and has started using a pillow like a big boy.  He typically goes to sleep like a champ.  We just give him kisses and said good night.  The conversation goes like this:  "give Dada a kiss - give mama a kiss."  We lay him down and cover him up.  Then I say "I love you"  he says "lubb you"  I say sweet dreams and he says "dreams"  and then I say "See you in the morning" and he says morning.  He will even say it all in a row now.  "Lubb you.  Dreams.  Morning."


I mean I just adore him.  He and Richie are hands down the best thing I've ever been blessed with in my life.  I just love our little family.  Luke makes me want to be a better person.  The best possible person.  For him.  I want him to adore and love me as much as I love him.  I want him to always feel me in his heart and know that where I am, his home is.  I am the best version of myself when I am with him. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet 17 Months

Letters

Advice I WOULD have given