Love Letters to Luke

My Dearest Luke,

Today I was thinking about how much my life has changed in just one year.  This time last year I was sleeping in :o) but feeling sooooo sick from the morning sickness.  I would lay on the bottom of the bath tub and let the hot water run over me until it turned cold.  I DO NOT miss that.  lol  but you were so totally worth it.  Now the best part of my day is walking into your room in the morning and seeing your huge grin. 

This is similar to your early morning grin

You are the sweetest little boy in the AM.  You will snuggle your little head into my shoulder and when I put you on the changing table you stretch your legs and arms out and start gurgling.  It's almost as if you are telling me good morning and about everything you dreamed about the night before.  It is so adorable.  Melts my heart every time.

I never really believed in love at first sight until the moment I saw your face.  I remember everything so vividly from the day before and the day you were born.  Sometimes I wish I had a remote so I could go back and relive every precious moment.  Life changing!   

This is my FAVORITE picture of you from your first day of life

Some times when I am feeding you I look at your tiny hands and listen to you breathe and wish I could keep you this little forever.  I try to look and see what parts of you came from me and what parts came from your daddy.  The best I can tell is that you got my eyebrows (sorry about that!) and possibly my eye shape although I think your eyes are going to turn brown like your daddy.  I think you have the one dimple on your right cheek like I have.  As far as personality, you tend to make faces like I do, you get grumpy when you are hungry and grumpy when you are tired (again sorry about that!  lol) and you also have a "wall" that you hit whenever you are done with an activity.  there's no gradual warning.  It's totally happy one second and the next second you are OVER IT.  I totally do that too.  lol    I saw a onesie the other day that fits you to a T.  It said "cute but crabby" on it ....  that's totally you

I love the dimples in your hands and the backs of your elbows.  I love the many rolls on your chubby legs and the way the nape of your neck looks.  But alas you are growing up so fast!  Sooner than I want you will be walking around and then running and then you'll be an adult.  I look at the picture below and already see the little boy you will become.   

One of my favorite pictures from the newborn ses

  

I just love you so much.  The only way I can explain it is to say that I hope one day you have your own children.  Then you will understand how much I love you.  I'd risk everything and tear the world apart to save you.  I'd gladly lay down my own life to save yours.  Every day I think about the kind of mom I want to be and I wish and hope fervently that you ALWAYS, ALWAYS know how much I love you. 



I try to be a good mom and I hope you always feel that.  I try to remember that your little eyes are on me all the time.  I want you to be proud of me and to tell everyone you meet "that's my mom!"  I want to set a good example for you.  The best way I know how to do that is to tell you how much I love you.  So much so that you get tired of hearing it!

I love, love, love you to pieces!

Love Always,
Your mama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet 17 Months

Letters

Advice I WOULD have given