I'm just plain mad

I'm so angry right now that the only thing that will calm me down is to vent... but i am so mad I don't even know where to start.  So i'm just going to write a list as i think of them.  And I will be writing a letter to the Dean of our college to let them know how appalled I am at you, your lack of professionalism, and your "teaching methods".  I just need to cool off first. 

1.  I'm pissed that I am paying thousands of dollars in tuition to sit in a class weekly where i don't learn a damn thing. 

2.  I'm angry that you continually call my name several times a class for examples ie "If Lauren were working at this company...." or "If Lauren was the manager in charge of making this decision."  Pick another name--- any other name--- a student in our class or john doe.  I don't care but stop using mine.  In the first class alone I bet you used my name at least 8 times - no lie- in a 3 hour timeframe.  The second class was pretty much the same.  So much so that 3 people (that I didn't know) came up to me on the break and said things like "well aren't you the professor's girlfriend." or "we know you are getting an A in this class."  I'm angry that you've put me in this situation where I have to defend my integrity because of YOUR comments.

3.  I'm offended that not only do you call my name several times, you also call another females name often.  Not as much as mine, but enough to draw attention to this fact that you favor the girls in our class.  Seeing as there are only 4 of us in a class of 40 it's pretty obvious when you don't use a single guys name in class. 

4.  I'm really offended that in almost every single class one of your examples is "Lauren is known for being aggressive".... agressive this and aggressive that.  It is really making me angry.  It is inppropriate and offensive.  You might as well label me a bitch because aggresive is just a euphemism.


5.  Again, I am angry about my learning.  This is supposed to be a school that is reaching towards Tier 1 status.  That being said, you are the WORST professor that i've ever had.  Not only am I not learning anything, I am continually told that if i am not thinking in this exact same way then I am not looking at the situation correctly.  You are not teaching me to think critically, you are teaching me to get a single solitary answer.  An answer that will not always help me make the important business decisions in the real world.  You are forcing me into a box, when the real world does not operate this way.  The real business world has infinite possible options that have infinite calculations.  Not a single right answer with a single calcuation.   

6.  I'm angry that you gave a test the second week of class and then again 4 weeks later and the first 3 questions on the second test were THE EXACT SAME QUESTIONS as the first test.  Then when I try to branch out and (god forbid) actually learn something I try 1 old question and 2 new ones.  As expected, I missed some points because I hadn't been tested over the material yet.  When I emailed you about an unrelated matter you reply in your email and I quote "I’ll be letting you view your mid-term exam (you did a little lower than I was expecting; your grade is available on BB) "  Who tells a student that?  And FYI I made an 85 which is still pretty good.  I'm sorry i didn't choose the exact same 3 questions we had already had like everyone else and got a 100.  Excuse me for trying to learn.  And Let's not talk about expectations because you have fallen so, so short of mine.


7. I'm mad that at the beginning of the semester you discussed the differences between hard accounting numbers and soft marketing numbers and stated as long as you can back up your numbers with logic that is all i'm looking for. yet every single case we do comes back to one calculation. Nothing else is correct unless you use this calculation. I've been in the business world and i'm aware of your calculation, however i'm also aware that there are several other numbers and calculations that matter a lot and that businesses use them all. Not just one.

8.  You assign us a case that literally spells out the 3 alternatives that the managers are debating to help improve their profitability.  yet when discussing this in class you inform us that the correct answer is none of these options but rather one of 4 different options that were not discussed at all in the case.  Oddly enough, the 3 options that the case gave us didn't need your stupid super special calculation that "all problems come back to."  Which is probably why you didn't pick that as an answer.  The options in the case dealt with calculations other than your formula.   

So yes, I'm pissed.  And each week it gets worse.  This is absolutely the last time I will take a class if you are the professor.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet 17 Months

Letters

Advice I WOULD have given