thoughts from a "runner"

So more and more I realize that when you become a real "runner", you have more gear than anyone who plays a sport with actual equipment.  Today while preparing for a run at the gym I had to remember all of the following:

special running pants
special running sox (jox sox) Uh-Mazing!
towel to wipe off sweat
water bottle full of special runners liquid to be properly hydrated
runners watch
special chip to get GPS signal in gym
arm band for iphone for my workout Jamz
special runners headphones that are sweatproof
and of course my new running shoes - which i hate and i am totally returning..
combo lock for the gym locker
special sweatyband hairband to keep my hair off my face and it actually stays in place the entire time!  again UH-MAZING


Me with all my running gear on - plus my runners fanny pack :o) I don't take that to the gym

It's exhausting trying to remember all this stuff!!!  But by the time i finally got to the gym I was ready to rock and roll. 

the other day someone asked me about running and if i got the runners high.  At first i said no not really because I don't crave running like some people do.  But then I realized that I guess I kinda do.  When I run I just clear my mind and run.  It is literally the only time of the day where I don't think about things that are going on in my life.  I don't think about: anything. everything. good things. bad things. work things. home things.  future things.  past things.  school things.  work things.  friend things.  family things.  NOT A THING - that is what I think about.  I visualize a white blank wall and just run towards it.  And that is bliss.  Now don't get me wrong the actual running part is hard and sometimes it sucks.  But when I find my wall it makes it all worth it because most of the damn time I am overthinking, overanalyzing, overdoing, overfeeling. 

So here is to all those runners out there chasing their high.  One foot in front of the other - but don't forget all of your runners junk :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet 17 Months

Letters

Advice I WOULD have given