Restless poem

This is a poem i wrote in 2003 and it is something I'm really proud of. It's probably not the best poem ever written but i'm proud of it. Maybe because for once in my life i was able to write exactly how i felt and what i wanted to say and even to this day i can remember how i felt when i read this poem.  It was a deep, dark time in my life.




Restless

Restlessly I toss and turn in my skin
Walk the streets with only moonlight and stars guiding me
Feeling a little crazy
Wonder what i'll change this time
My clothes, my hair, my mind
Branded you on my skin- marked you in my soul
Driving down road after road
Avoiding the one road that takes me home
Avoiding the well known path to my bed- to dreams
Dreams of fear and insanity choke my sleep
They leave me gasping for air and clutching useless childhood comforts
Restless even in my sleep
Maybe i'll walk out my front door and leave
whisper my goodbye to you in the wind
Keep walking along the night
Until i reach the engulfing roar of the ocean tides
Pulled constantly by the silver orb it worships
Wander along the wet sand
Lay down this broken body to dream
Fold the darkness over me like a blanket
and Let sleep steal over me and dream a final restless dream of you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet 17 Months

Letters

Advice I WOULD have given